To enhance the industry readiness and employability, the Mechanical Engineering Department has established MoUs with engineering industries and also created Centre of Excellence with TVS-Harita Techserv. The Memorandum of Understanding between Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology (KNCET) and M/S Harita Techserv Ltd, Chennai was signed on 14.08.2015 to provide Industry oriented software training to the students and faculty members.
This MOU will be subject to the successful setting up of the KNCET-Harita research center on new product development and digital manufacturing technology. Under this MoU, KNCET has set up the research center with the required infrastructure, workstations and the recommended software to enable the faculty members and students researchers to learn and conduct research on the latest technologies.Certification courses and training offered for students in SOLID WORKS, Pro-E, CATIA, ANSYS, FLUENT, HYPERWORKS, AutoCAD and EdgeCAM.
The following Industrial software’s are provided by TVS Harita :
1. CATIA V5 Advanced package
2. DELMIA EDU12 package
3. 3D VIA CPS package
- Reduce the gap between Industry and Academia.
- Faculty Members & Students are getting exposed to real time work environments and practices.
- Training by Industrial field experts so that Industry Oriented Practical Research Exposure is given to Students.
- Harita identified Experts will periodically visit and mentor, monitor the faculty member’s research design, skill development, engineering research activities, performances.
They will also evaluate the student researcher’s learning progression and give additional inputs if required.
- HaritaTechserv where and when possible, will bring in live projects, products, design and research activities to be executed by the research faculty and student researchers.
- Harita Techserv would conduct “Campus Placement Drive” for recruiting “Trainee Engineers” from amongst the student researchers. All standard-recruiting procedures would be strictly followed.
- Recruited Trainee Engineers would be deputed into HaritaTechserv Offshore Development Centers.
- Harita Techserv Training experts are giving intensive training and certify the 8 faculty members of Department Mechanical Engineering on the respective software.
|S.No.||Batch||No.of students trained|
|CATIA V5||DELMIA||3D VIA|